About this site:

Deal Friends is dedicated to sharing products and deals pertaining to infants and children. I search the internet looking for deals. When I find something great, I'll post it here. If you know of something I've missed, please share!



Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Baby Bond Nursing Cover Review and 75% Discount

I have been nursing for a little over a year now. When I am at home or around family, I am totally comfortable nursing. However, even after all this time, I am still not overly comfortable nursing in public. I have two of the nursing covers that I am sure you are all familiar with and I don't love them. I don't like covering up my little guy and he doesn't like it either. If I have to lift my shirt up to nurse, it leaves my back completely exposed. Lastly, they draw even more attention to the fact I am nursing.

When I heard about the Baby Bond nursing cover I pretty much begged to try one out! Lucky for me, they let me. Baby Bond covers are a soft sash that come in 3 styles and a variety of neutral colors (nothing to call out extra attention to what you are doing. The sash covers you, but not your baby. It works like a nursing top. You separate the layers of the sash to create an opening for baby to nurse.
The Original and the Flex look the same. They are a closed sash with a terry burp cloth included. The only difference I could see was that the flex had a detachable burp cloth and the original was sewn on. I chose the Couture style in chocolate. The versatility of this style appealed to me. The Baby Bond Couture is a sash that can be worn around your waist to cover you if you need to lift your shirt to nurse or it can be worn as a traditional sash if you can nurse from the top of your shirt. I have used the Baby Bond to nurse my little man on a number of occasions where we have had visitors at our home. However, I have not used it out in public YET. I am having a little difficulty keeping it closed. This isn't a huge problem but I feel like it may fall open and expose something. The video on the Baby Bond site shows that you drop one end of the sash through an opening on the other end and it keeps the ends together. That part isn't working for me when I am using it as a sash. It works great when I am using it around my waist though. I don't think I would have any trouble with the other two styles, but then I couldn't use it as a belly band. I guess I should note that I have a number of wraps and carriers that I have never really been able to figure out. For most of you, I'm sure the Couture will work wonderfully but if you seem to have issues like me, you may want to get the Original or Flex!

My personal struggles at working with the sash aside, I am really happy with this product and I recommend it for yourself or as a nice baby shower gift. My little guy completely prefers the Baby Bond. Daddy and Sissy prefer to be able to see the little guy too. You really do notice a difference when you are able to keep eye contact and communicate. I find my little guy nurses much longer when he isn't hidden away under a cover. Now, when I have company over, I have totally ditched my old nursing covers for the Baby Bond. Once I figure out how to keep the ends of my sash together, I feel pretty certain we will switch to using the Baby Bond out and about as well. It rolls up so compactly that I have already been taking it with me every time. I'm just waiting for the right situation to make the switch.

This product is my favorite type, one that was developed by a mom that saw a need and took action. As an added bonus, it is made here in the USA.

This is the perfect time to try Baby Bond as they are offering a great deal. If you buy one of their products at Babies R Us, you can send a copy of your receipt to missy@babybondnursing.com and she will send you a code to get a second one at 75% off. This way, you can try both styles and see which one works the best for you.


Disclosure - I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commissions 16 CFR, Part 255 Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. Tomoson Product review & giveaway Disclosure.

No comments:

Post a Comment